Monday, January 7, 2013

MLA David Forbes Leaves a Phone Message in Support of Idle No More Initiatives

Hi Sheena. It's David Forbes calling, and it's Monday, January 7th. I know you called last week about Idle No More and be assured that we are working as hard as we can to make sure that we can support the initiatives of Idle No More. I was able to actually participate in the first teach-in, so I'm familiar with the issues around the consultation issues and the navicable waters part. Really important issues here. So I've been trying to get out as much as I can, and do what I can for everyone. I really, truely believe in the idea that we are all treaty people, but particularly, I want to make sure that we recognize and support First Nations peoples in their struggles. So thank you for calling my office. I hope you had a chance to call Warren McCall, he is our Aboriginal critic for the provincial NDP. Anyway, thanks so much for calling,and if you want to give me a call back, you have my number 244.3555 Thanks so much, and have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment